Podcasting for Business Book Competition February 2021 - Terms and Conditions
1. Eligibility: The Podcast Pioneers "Podcasting for Business" book competition is open to legal residents of the UK who participate via Twitter. Entrants who retweet the competition tweet and follow @podcastpioneers will be entered into a prize draw to win a copy of the book. Entrants must be18 years old of their date of entry in this promotion in order to qualify. This giveaway is subject to national and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law. Podcast Pioneers's employees, its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, and directors (collectively the “Employees”), as well as members of an Employees' immediate family and/or those living in the same household of Employees are ineligible to participate in the Podcast Pioneers "Podcasting for Business" book competition. No purchase necessary. Delivery address for prizes must be in the UK.
2. Sponsorship. The sponsor is Podcast Pioneers Ltd., located at Silverstream House, 4th Floor, 45 Fitzroy Street, London, W1T 6EB. Sponsor will conduct the competition substantially as described in these Official Rules.
3. Agreement to Rules: By entering this competition, the Entrant (“You”) agrees to abide by the Sponsor's Official Rules and decisions, which are fully and unconditionally binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserve the right to refuse, withdraw, or disqualify any entry at any time at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering this competition the You represents and warrants that You are eligible to participate based on eligibility requirements explained in the Official Rules. You also agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this"Podcasting for Business" book competition. Anyone in violation of Twitter rules will be ineligible https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-rules. Multiple entries from the same person will not be accepted.
4. The Podcast Pioneers "Podcasting for Business" book competition Entry Period: This promotion begins on Wednesday 17th February 2021 00:01 GMT and ends on Wednesday 24th February 2021 at 23:59 GMT (“Entry Period”). To be eligible for the the Podcast Pioneers "Podcasting for Business" book competition, entries must be received within the specified Entry Period.
5. How to Enter: Eligible entrants can enter the Podcast Pioneers "Podcasting for Business" book competition by retweeting the competition tweet and following @podcastpioneers. They will then be entered into a prize draw to win a copy of the book.As a participant, your entry must fully meet all Podcast Pioneers "Podcasting for Business" book competition requirements, as specified in the Official Rules, in order to be eligible to win a prize. Incomplete entries or those that do not adhere to the Official Rules or specifications will be disqualified at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Winners will be selected at random by usernames in a randomised software on 25th February 2021, after closing. Winners will be notified via Twitter Direct Message and must have this function enabled.
6. Prizes: The Winners of the Podcast Pioneers "Podcasting for Business" book competition(the “Winner”) will receive either a print copy of the book by post or ebook as agreed. The actual/appraised prize value may differ at the time the prize is awarded. The prize(s) shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. There shall be no cash or other prize substitution permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. The prize is non-transferable. The Winner, upon acceptance of the prize, is solely responsible for all expenses related to the prize, including without limitation any and all local, state, and federal taxes. The Winner shall not transfer assignment of the prize to others nor shall the Winner request the cash equivalent or prize substitution. By accepting the prize, the selected Winner grants permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s likeness, entry, and name for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The total number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
8. Selection and Notification of Winner: The Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. The Sponsor will notify the Winner(s) via Twitter direct message within 1 working day following Winner selection. The Sponsor is not responsible for nor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to email or Twitter security settings that may cause notifications to be marked as spam or junk email. Nor shall be Sponsor be liable for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner 1) fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time the award notification was sent, 2) is found ineligible, or 3) does not complete and return an executed declaration and release within the specified timeframe, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt of the prize offered in the Podcast Pioneers "Podcasting for Business" book competition by the Winner is upon the condition of compliance with any and all national, and local laws and regulations. IF THE WINNER VIOLATES ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE WINNER (AT THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by You: By submitting an entry (e.g., text, video, photo, etc.) into this competition. You understand and agree that the Sponsor, any individual acting on the Sponsor’s behalf, and the licensees successors, and assigns of the Sponsor shall, where permitted by law, have the right to print, publish, broadcast, distribute and use in any media known now or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, worldwide, and without limitation, your submission, name, photo, portrait, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Podcast Pioneers "Podcasting for Business" book competition, and your biographical information for news, publicity, advertising, promotional purposes, trade, information, and public relations without any further notice, review, consent, compensation, or remuneration. The Sponsor will make available the name of the winner to anyone who requests this information using the address below.
10. Terms & Conditions: In its sole discretion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Podcast Pioneers "Podcasting for Business" book competition should non-authorised human intervention, a bug or virus, fraud, or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, impact or corrupt the security, fairness, proper conduct, or administration of the Podcast Pioneers "Podcasting for Business" book competition. The Sponsor, in the event of any of the above issues, may determine the Winner based on all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. Individuals who tamper with or attempt to tamper with the operation or entry process of the competition or website or violates these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. In its sole discretion, the Sponsor has the right to maintain the integrity of the Podcast Pioneers "Podcasting for Business" book competition, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user, entrants in violation of Twitter rules of conduct https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-rules, entries performed by bots, macros, scripts. Attempts by any entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Podcast Pioneers "Podcasting for Business" book competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. If any such attempt is made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: Your entry into this competition constitutes Your agreement to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, successors, agents, assigns, directors, employees, and officers against and from any and all claims, liability, illness, injury, death, litigation, loss, or damages that may occur, directly or indirectly from participation in the competition and/or the 1) Winner accepting, possessing, using, or misusing of any awarded prize or any portion thereof; 2) any type of technical failure; 3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, phone, or Internet service; 4) unauthorised intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; 5) electronic error or human error in the Promotion administration or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS COMPETITION IS GOVERNED BY THE UK LAW WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. The Entrant agrees, as a condition of participating in this promotion, that if any disputes cannot be resolved between the Entrant and the Sponsor, and if causes of action arise out of or are connected with this competition they shall be individually resolved exclusively before a UK court having jurisdiction, without resorting to any form of class action. Under no circumstances in any such dispute shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this competition. The participant waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List: You may obtain a copy of these Official Rules and names of winners, by sending your request via mail with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Silverstream House, 4th Floor, 45 Fitzroy Street, London, W1T 6EB, UK. Requests must be postmarked no later than 24th February 2021.
15. Twitter Rules:
Anyone in violation of Twitter rules will be ineligible https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-rules
16.By entering the competition, you, the Entrant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, please contact us at:
Podcast Pioneers Communications Director
T: +44 (0)7754659649
Limited Company number 12412198